Using tap water to make baby formula may not be a smart decision given the possible contaminants that can exist in tap water nowadays. If you are a parent, please read this short article in its entirety. I have some valuable information to express. Are you aware of just how vulnerable your child is?
1. Microbial Threats – Within the spring of 1993 a microscopic parasite called Cryptosporidium parvum was responsible for longer than 100 deaths in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It arrived through the city’s water supply just because a water treatment plant did not filter it. Nowadays stricter regulations help to ensure our h2o is monitored and treated efficiently before finding yourself at our taps.
However we need to not relax because there still are a number of waterborne bacteria that also cause illnesses. This list includes nontyphoid Salmonella, pathogenic Escherichia coli and Legionella. Are all still very active, Legionella grows vigorously in warm water, including in a shower where it can be inhaled with the steam.
2. Lead – Perhaps the most feared of all the contaminants due to the damage it can cause for the brain. A recent sampling of tap water in Washington D.C. exposed lead levels five times the EPA standard. The lead is most probably ahead from the own household plumbing. This can happen in case your house has lead pipes, or copper pipes soldered with lead and in addition it depends on the age of your dwelling.
In fact the EPA recommend that you simply use cold water for cooking, drinking and particularly for producing baby formula. It is because your hot water is more than likely to contain higher concentrations of lead. You happen to be at the greatest risk from any exposure to lead if you are a young child or if you are pregnant
3. Chlorinated Solvents – Would you use any of these, drain cleaners, shoe polish, waxes, oven cleaners? These contain chlorinated solvents, they belong to a chemical family that is certainly commonly used in household and industrial processes. In 2006 examples of drinking water in twelve states were examined and ten percent were contaminated with chlorinated solvents.
4. Chemical Contaminants – Through the years we have produced many synthetic organic chemicals including antibiotics, herbicides, pesticides to list but a couple of. Most of these find their way into our water supplies through various means, whether from illegal dumping of waste material or through the act of rain water. Once these end up in our drinking water they posses a really real threat to the health.
When they do end up in our water supply, in accordance with the authorities these are at “this type of low concentration that they tend not to pose any adverse health risk to consumers.” It sounds very comforting, however I might ask have you thought about the long term exposure to these low concentrations? A small degree of pollutant probably would not affect an adult, but what would it do to a kid?
5. Chlorine – Chlorine has been used within our water supply for about one hundred years now. It is still a priceless and effective disinfectant, plus it keeps working all the way up to your tap. However chlorine has an Achilles heel, water naturally contains organic matter and once this enters into exposure to chlorine the result is disinfection by-products. These by-products can affect the healthiness of your nervous system, liver and kidneys.
Your infant is incredibly susceptible to any one these contaminants so it’s a smart idea to stop using tap water to create baby formula today. What you need to do is get an effective water purifier. May I would recommend a mixture of ixoqvx carbon filters, ion exchange, and sub micron filtration. This will help remove of virtually all the contaminants contained in water. If possible, get a whole house water system and make sure you use purified water for all of your baby’s needs. By doing this, you can make sure that your baby stays safe and healthy.