A simplistic strategy to Search Engine Optimisation usually means troubles, or rather, a waste of money. Is my list of top ten of methods to detect that the people sitting before you might not be a serious partner to make your online business grow.
1. The following is your “Top 50” “Top 100” or “Guarantee positioning” package. There is absolutely no way of predicting which position virtually any site can reach on any internet search engine for just about any keyword. The actual ranking of the website is a purpose of a number of ever-changing interactions that are not in the hands of the major search engines agency. Aside from the engines themselves periodically changing their ranking logics, in this particular very second there are numerous websites and check engine agencies working hard to improve their positioning for your keyword “London hotel”. How can you honestly make sure you will rank in the top of these?
And moreover… who cares? The job of the given keyword will not be the objective of a SEO activity. Nor this is a parameter to measure your online success. The amount of top rankings more than-inflated keywords will not be planning to affect your EBITBA. Conversions and CPA are.
A significant search engine agency will rather get committed on the quantity and excellence of traffic (conversions!), as well as provide you with tangible sales leads (and must be able to offer you more clever advices then just attempt to get the traffic from the same kind of 50 obvious keywords).
2. We don’t do doorway pages. These are “landing pages”. BMW used to think it didn’t make much difference. Then, its website completely disappeared from Google. Search engine listings can discriminate between proper landing pages and spamming, and can ban you in a second, making all your investments rise in smoke. Be certain landing pages are what they must be, an informative landing environment that is fully integrated in your navigation and content structure.
3. SEO is just about throwing in in some meta tags. Meaning:”We do possess a feeling that we now have other key factors…off-the page elements including blogs, social bookmarking, press releases, viral content, advanced link popularity and link bait are just as vital as meta tags for search engines, in fact, we haven’t got a clue of how to do that stuff.”
4. It’s OK to enjoy 95% of your own online budget on pay-per-click. Meaning:”Getting you your fair share of traffic from SEO might have a bit more effort on our side so we tend not to mind about your distribution costs”.
5. PPC is much more controllable than SEO. Meaning:”Achieving and tracking SEO results seems kind of hard, let’s perform some ppc advertising instead”.
6. We guarantee you obtain ranked in 15 days. Option 1:”No, not in Google really, just in 20.000 obscure search engines like google.”
Option 2: “We will bring you a top position in Google for ‘design luxury yet budget accommodation providers inside the tundra’ (with exact phrase match)”.
7. We simply focus on search engines like google. Meaning: “What happens each time a user arrives to your website is not our business so we don’t understand much about usability or what it takes to generate a booking on a travel website”.
8. Yeah, our company is an online agency but will do the search engine for you personally. Sounds like: “I’ve been plumber for your last 30 years, but I will fix along with your electrical system for a few extra revenue”.
9. You don’t should do any work on the website. Meaning:”Deleting that annoying flash intro page would destroy an individual experience. And adding some interesting content is not necessary. Not too many individuals really use search engine listings rivfiz book their travel anyway”.