In this Case Study article we will discuss different aspects of Backlinks like its definition, importance, types and the ways to build them so, let’s start from backlink itself.
Backlinks- In just one sentence ‘Backlinks’ are described as incoming links to our blog (website) or webpage from other websites or blogs. When someone read your article and when he liked exactly the same and produced content associated with exactly the same topic on the blog, they links back that content for your webpage, that’s called a backlink. Still confused, let’s take a good example suppose Mr. A writes a post in his blog about Backlinks, When Mr. B goes through that article, founds good and publishes a content linked to Backlinks on their own blog, giving the link of Mr. a post.
Let’s describe the significance of Backlinks.
* Faster indexing- Faster indexing regarded as the most important element of Backlinks. As because of them Google and other major search engines like google indexes even a more modern blog or pages or blog post with a considerably faster rate as when Backlinks from high PR (page rank) site which is crawled frequently comes to your website, which often increases crawling of online search engine bots inside your site resulting in faster indexing.
* Search Engine Rankings- Another important element of Backlinks are which they improve your site search engine’s ranking. If you build or acquire more quantity of quality backlinks, definitely your site’s search engine rankings going to be improved as internet search engine judge a website rankings on quantity of quality backlinks. In case you have more quantity of links, internet search engine show your web site on the top pages. Which can be again very important for driving traffic from search result’s while we all know that a lot of the traffic which our blog receives arises from search engines.
* Page Rank- Not only search engine rankings, Backlink also effect Page rank directly, Whenever you build Backlinks from high PR sites, you can definitely see an up rank in your next update and that we also know how important is page rank regarding SEO. Higher Page rank let’s you ranked high among your competitors who have lower Page rankings, which enrich your site with additional traffic as opposed to others.
* Most of us know that Backlinks are essential part of SEO (search engine optimisation). Now next we have to concentrate on best Backlinks building methods or how to build Backlinks? In the event you Google for Backlink building, you can find 1000s of automated Backlink building tools which guarantees to offer your blog site with Backlinks as many as you would like in a single click. Some of these automated tools are free plus some are paid which offers you backlinks from high PR sites. Sites which offers free backlinks from poor sites decreases your rankings, hence decreases your website performance. Different Paid sites that offer backlinks are detected and penalized by Google after their different updates.
So, from your upper paragraph we got to the final outcome that we should try to get some quality backlinks instead of enormous poor quality backlinks whilst keeping ourselves in play safe mode. The question arises that what actually a quality backlink is?
Quality Backlinks- A quality backlink is defined as a backlink which comes coming from a site that has content related to your web site rather than a link which will come from the site that is not related to you. Quality backlink originates from site’s which utilizes your keywords or sites of same theme. Suppose, site A receives a backlink from a site using same keywords or on same theme including blogging, SEO, Earn money online etc, this link is considered quality Backlink instead of it receives a link from an Automobile website. Google gives high importance towards the link which comes from blogging site and provides less relevance for the link which will come from Automobile site. Google gives high importance to quality links which comes from High PR sites. It considers.gov and.edu since many important I do hope you understand what I mean to express.
Now let’s see what are different types of backlinks? There are basically two different types of backlinks one is “dofollow” and another is “nofollow”.
(1) Dofollow Backlinks- Dofollow backlinks are those backlinks which can be then search engine crawlers when they crawl your website. Or we can say when internet search engine crawlers enters your page, they crawl your whole blog including links, pictures everything, once they crawl a “dofollow” link they, lands at that page. Suppose I link back to you personally, when crawlers crawl that link they lands at your page, that helps in indexing your site faster. It provides you with traffic as well as help in improving your Page rank.
(2) Nofollow Backlinks- Nofollow backlinks are the types backlinks which contains a “nofollow” tag. When internet search engine crawlers crawl this, they merely ignore it. You can see different website source by right clicking and selecting ‘view source’, then use ctrl f to discover rel=”nofollow”. You will see many links with this tag, these links are nofollow links. These links also provides you with good traffic but not good for Pagerank.
Note: You are encouraged to build dofollow links and tag poor links within your site having a “nofollow” tag.
Now let’s discuss Best and simplest ways to construct quality backinks:-
(1) Social networking- Social media and bookmarking site’s are definitely the always provides us with quality backlinks. Facebook and twitter are usually proved nearly as good for backlinks building. Just make your fan page there and begin posting links.
(2) Guest posting- Guest posting is usually discussed because the best white hat way of building backlinks. Just visit different sites or blogs that provides ‘Guest post’. Write to them which often provide you with quality backlinks and traffic.
(3) Commenting On Blogs- Commenting on blogs is the best way to get good amount of quality backlinks. Just post comments along with your links (key phrases) in blogs associated with your niche. Definitely they provide ohlnvy with good backlinks.
(4) Site submission to blog directories- Submit your blog to several blog directories like Blogcatalog and Technorati. In addition, i received good backlinks from them.
(5) Forum signature linking- Participate in different forums related to your niche. Many forums uses signature linking, just post your URL in signature linking field and it’s done. (Only top quality forums)
(6) Yahoo answers- Yahoo answers is another way getting good backlinks, answers question associated with your niche citing your blog site URL.
(7) RSS directories- Submit your feed to various RSS directories.
(8) Article Submission- Submit your article to several article site like ezinearticles.
In case you are following these methods, definitely you are likely to build some good quality back links.