The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative treatment therapy is rising and gathering popularity because of its holistic approach, emphasis on standard of living and protection against illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immune system.
Creating a strong defense mechanisms is essential for that body to recognize and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is a disease as a result of uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from any body parts. A weaker or impaired immunity improves your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also. Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the various preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
History of Ancient Herbal Remedy. Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is really a mushroom commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is called Ganoderma Lucidum Spore Oil meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which suggests “herb of the spirit”. It was a very rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time and Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life. For more than 2000 years Reishi mushroom has become probably the most cherished and sought after medicinal herb in Asia and rated as among the superior herbs inside the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance to the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption without any unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance of the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was popular as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has revealed that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and it has possible therapeutic potential as being a nutritional supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer. Medicinal mushrooms like Deer Antler Powder and Cordyceps have well been documented in many recent research studies to get potent medicine to improve and keep the body’s immune function from certain compounds within them like polysaccharides which increase the activity of the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which are vital to eliminate foreign cells(like cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published inside the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 indicated that reishi clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as a nutritional supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own defense mechanisms by promoting the action of antibodies
* enhances the body’s effectiveness against stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* enhances the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a typical, restful sleep
* enhances vitality and energy
Ideas to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it has the best extract and it has most scientific evaluations
* choose individuals with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and absorbed by body
* solid wood log cultivation – this determines the potency ahfqfr the resulting fungus
* look for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of reishi active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the effectiveness of Reishi Spore Oil Softgel lies in its polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be purchased, such as extracts, dietary supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.